Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Remind me why I'm here again?

It's days like these that I wonder why I'm an English major. I worked really hard on a paper for my literary criticism class, and when I got it back today, I had been given a C!! I mean, at least it was a C+ right?
Anyways, it really hurt my feelings. I just felt like sitting right there in the middle of class and crying. But it's also times like these that just make me work harder for what I want. I've always wanted to help people, and the way that I know to help people is to share my knowledge, in the form of being a high school English teacher. This is how I see myself giving back to the world.
So after I got over my little fit about getting a C, and got over almost giving up and quitting the whole school thing, I decided that I would work even harder, and show the world that I will graduate and I WILL become a teacher. Because I'm awesome.
Plus, Dr. Minnick made me feel a little better in Adolescent Literature because when he handed my paper back to me, I had gotten an A, and he told me how I was really doing good in his class, which really helped me to get my self-esteem back and made me want to push myself even more.

So here's my promise, Dr. Ramsey, my next paper will be AWESOME because I'm AWESOME. :)

The End.

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha! You are awesome!

    Fun surprise yesterday: I had no idea Adam was there, I had been there for about 15 minutes and I look over and was like, "Whoa! Hey Adam!" He just looked up at me like, "Where have you been Rikki? I've been here all day!" LOL

    ReplyDelete