Sunday, September 19, 2010

A smile for a lifetime

Last week, I was talking with a few friends, gushing about my sweet 14 month old little boy, when someone asked me a simple question,"What is your favorite part about being a mother?" And there I sat, speechless. You would think that the answer to this question would come to me right away, but suprisingly, it didn't. 

I sat there thinking through the 14 short months of my son's life so far, reliving every happy, sad, depressed moment I had during that time: all the late nights, the spit up, and the milestones. But suddenly I smiled because you want to know what I realized my favorite part of being a mother is?

His smile.  My little guy's sweet smile can melt my heart in seconds. It doesn't matter what he has done, he looks up at me with that sweet, innocent little grin and I can't help but think about how lucky I am to be his mother. That's why I can't imagine my life without him. Everything I do is for him, to make him happy. And that will never change. Adam Russell is my baby boy and I love him more than anything in the world.






See what I mean? That sweet smile is the reason I get up in the morning. And if you're a mother, I'm sure you know exactly how that feels to see your baby's face first thing in the morning, it's the best feeling in the world.


1 comment:

  1. You are so right! I love when I get into his room and he is talking and entertaining himself, but then he sees me and his whole face lights up! Best. Feeling. Ever. That and when they nap on you.

    ReplyDelete